Am Donnerstag,  4. September 2003, 17:19:36 Uhr MET, schrieb Buchan Milne:
> > The mime type in GNOME for the Gimp's native file format.xcf is
> image/x-xcf-gimp
> > instead of the right one image/x-xcf expected by the application. So
> if you
> > click on a xcf image in nautilus, it doesn't start gimp for you.
> BTW, this same problem is in KDE (Konqueror identifies a file as "Gimp
> Native Image Format", but doesn't offer to open it with the Gimp - which
> seems a bit brain-dead :-/).

I think the problem is that in mandrake-mime there was a mixup between
the mime types for the Gimp format expected by GNOME and KDE. GNOME
wants image/x-xcf, as seen from the mime stuff in gimp1_3, KDE wants
image/x-xcf-gimp as seen in the existance of this file:
kdelibs-common:/usr/share/mimelnk/image/x-xcf-gimp.desktop

So I think the mandrake-mime package has to be fixed to assign
image/x-xcf-gimp to .xcf for KDE.

> I tried adding image/x-xcf to /usr/lib/menu/gimp and running
> update-menus, but this doesn't work, so I don't know which package to
> file the bug on ...

Well, you could try and copy
/usr/share/mimelnk/image/x-xcf-gimp.desktop to
/usr/share/mimelnk/image/x-xcf.desktop

to see if I'm right.

CU
--
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of