On Friday 12 September 2003 13:02, vbnh fdgfd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apt4rpm (http://apt4rpm.sourceforge.net/) have the same fonctionality
> as URPMI.
> URPMI is a greet tool but why reinvent the wheel ?

yes.
so, can you tell to people who ported apt that urpmi was here before
apt-rpm, and then, they should work on urpmi ?

> Mdk team is not big at this time, why "loose" time with a redundant
> software devel ?

because urpmi has some fonctionnality not found in apt-rpm

upgrading a whole distro whithout filling the /var is a nice one.

> And Rpmdrake could be changed to use apt-get, no ?

or you can use synaptics.
it reminds me that it is not packaged for contribs :/

--

Michaël Scherer