On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 18:07, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> Byron Poland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > --fixed-- unlike my other box, I had to modprobe sd_mod.  not sure why I
> > have to do it here and not on the other box.. could it be it already as
> > a scsi disk (a scsi zip100)?
>
> What needs to be done automatically is modprobing the right
> modules and possibly creating the right nodes in /dev. What is
> exactly what you do when you lack sd_mod?
>

> --
> Guillaume Cottenceau - http://www.frozen-bubble.org/

On my other box, I modprobe  ohci1394 and then sbp2
--loads ieee1394, ohci1394, sbp2 ( i assume sd_mod is loaded because of
the zip)

on this box with the latest cooker, it seems modprobing ohci1394 loads
ieee1394, ohci1394, and after a little delay sbp2.  no sd_mod.

on another note my drive is about 1000x more stable with the cooker
install compared with my other machine.  Not sure if it is the different
1394 controllers or just the newer kernel, (I'm about 7 or 8 revs higher
one the one it is working well with.) I Do need the cvs 1394 drivers for
proper drive identification (stock drivers recognize it as something
like "GHJKIUHGY".. )

hope this helps