Pascal Terjan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> But will people use an OS that can't play the mp3 CDs they spent years to fill ?

We will investigate the legal issue, but I deeply agree that if
we will need to release without mp3 support, it will be a big
step backward for users :-((.

> I think mp3 players MUST be present in commercial editions.

Yes, maybe on our proprietary CD's we can include mp3 players,
this would sort of fix a bit of the problem (plf/download for
people using GPL edition). But I'm not sure there is proprietary
mp3 players available "easily" for Linux? As an xmms plugin it
would be nice.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/