At 11:38 AM 8/29/02 +0200, you wrote:

>> I have tried to hack the code a bit to fix things, if someone is interested
>> I can
>> post the diffs here for review.
>>

>I'm interrested :o)

Well, I repost the thing since it seems the mailing list server ate it.

All right, I have attached the stuff I have tried.

First net_monitor and tools.pm; these patches go together.
Comment : I have changed code a bit :-). My feeling is that
the connected_bg routine, although elegant, is not precise
enough to achieve a good control of what is going on. The
problem is that the background process restart automatically
and it's difficult to control what it's doing with a timer-run
task. I don't have time enough to solve the problem with
connected_bg, sorry.

Second drakconnect and adsl.pm; here is where I have tried to
make the expert mode, with only partial success :-/
The big problem is that the device used for net connection is
not saved anywhere, to the best of my limited knowledge.
I would have liked to save it in drakconnect.conf, entry
ADSLModem, but :
ADSLModem= # Obsolete information. Please don't use it
Argh. Why?
So I have used gateway device instead; it's not correct but it's
the best I found available for a quick hack.
There is also a huge problem because I have changed only
for the adsl pppoe case, the only one I can test...That's because I'm
not sure where the real writing of the net_cnx_up file (and friends)
should occur.
I'm hoping for a bit of comment and advice here.

Thanks,

Gerard