On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 02:32, Todd Lyons wrote:
> Robert Fox wrote on Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 09:27:49PM +0200 :
> > I thought we settled this one . . .
> >
> > I did a FRESH install on the notebook (Gateway 9150LX) and still get the
> > OSS driver and the strange echo problem with the sound.
> > See attached modules.conf - what is the "above snd-cs46xx snd-pcm-oss"
> > still doing there?
>
> snd-cs46xx is the ALSA sound driver
> snd-pcm-oss is oss emulation that some programs that only know OSS will
> want to use.
>
> IOW, you ARE using ALSA right now.  Are you saying that the snd-pcm-oss
> is what is causing the problems?  Or is the "oss" just throwing you for
> a loop.  Repeat: you ARE using ALSA.

I can only speculate here - but I think the snd-pcm-oss is causing some
problems.  All I know is that I performed a completely fresh install on
this notebook (which I have done literally hundreds of times).

Under KDE I get sound, but it echos (double sound?) - If I comment the
"above" line in the /etc/modules.conf things seem better.

Someone also told me the snd-intel8x0 will work also with this chipset .
. .

Thanks,
R.Fox