"Brian J. Murrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> One of the thing that the apt-get evangelists are always going on
> about is the ability to use apt-get to do complete O/S upgrades, live.
> Is there any way to upgrade a running 8.2 (or even a Cooker) system to
> 9.0(beta, rc1, rc2, final when it comes out) by playing with the
> urpmi.cfg file (or altering urpmi sources in another way)?
>
> Now I will go and play and if I figure out a way to do this, I will
> let you all know.  :-)

urpmi of 8.2 is not solid enough to do system upgrade, but urpmi of 9.0 is
right. This means a urpmi of 9.0 compiled for 8.2 will be done as updates and
will authorize such upgrade.

The same for 8.1 may be done too but there could be a problem as urpmi doesn't
handle file conflicts (because it doesn't have the necessary information to
handle such conflicts).

François.