"Trevor Ramoutar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I grabbed the report.bug.gz from /root/drakx.  It should be attached.

[...]

> > I was able to successfully install RC1.  In the last part of the
> > install, I created a bootdisk and then rebooted.  However when I
> > try to boot off the floppy into my Mandrake install all I get is:

> > Boot failed:  Please change disks and press a key to continue.

According to the logs, the creation of the bootdisk had been
successful. The two options are: either our bootdisk creation is
bugged and doesn't report failures, or your floppy has an
hardware failure that didn't report to the floppy drive during
bootdisk creation but lead to a misread when you tried to boot
with it. I would favor the second option.

What you can do is boot into your Mandrake (according to the
logs, lilo was correctly installed on your harddrive) and try to
copy the contents of the bootdisk on the harddrive, and see if
there is any failure. Then retry by hand to create the bootdisk.
You may also format your floppy.

> > My Mandrake install is on my second hard drive.  Is this the
> > problem? What can I do to fix this?  Thanks.

I can't say for sure for I think it should work ok.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/