On the assumption that the 9.1 beta 1 iso was created from the current cooker, I tried to install that cooker as expert, without any joy, as you will see.

1. The first thing I noticed was that it complained about all the RPMs for languages other than English were missing. That is because our mandrake downloader (see sig) deliberately does not download them.

The important question for Mandrakr is why on earth the installer has been altered to now require language RPMs that are not relevant to the user's language choice? It never did before. Kindly remove this 'feature' from the installer ASAP. For English users the affected RPMs are:

ispell
locales (all except -en)
fonts-ttf-gb2312 & -big5 & -japanese & -korean & -greek & -thai &-armenian & -tseii
OpenOffice.org-l10-ca & -fr
XFree86-Cryllic-fonts
fonts-hebrew-elmar
howto-html-de & -fr
mandrake-doc-fr & -it & -de & -es & -zh
koffice-I18n=de & -fr
kde-I18n-de & -fr
linuxconf-lang-de & -fr
man-pages-de & -cs & -hu & -fr & -pl & -ja & -ru & -id & -ko & -es
tapei-fonts
rxvt-CJK

2. The following RPMs are not present in addition to those in 1 above):

libtobe
unicon-input
FreeWnn
chininput
xcin
ami
kon
xa+cv
xenkb
XFree86-serever-4.2.99
libijs
ne

3. Trying to install scli hangs the macine. Ctl+Alt+F3 reports the RPM as bad.
No further installaltion is possible.

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]
20030106 updates now available for Fastest Mandrake downloader (English-only) from: