Having upgraded to the latest cooker, specifically:

cups-1.1.18-5mdk
cups-drivers-1.1-93mdk
gimpprint-4.2.5-7mdk
foomatic-filters-3.0-0.beta1.20030203.1mdk

I observe the following strange behaviour:

- Having set up my printer using the CUPS web interface, I can click on
  "Print Test Page", and the Mandrake Linux test page prints just fine.
- However, if I open up kups and choose to print a test page, only the
  first couple of lines get printed, then the page is ejected.
- If I open the test page in kview and press "Print", then I get a page
  completely covered in black ink.  Not good.
- If I try to print ANY PostScript file using lpr, or try to print from
  any program (kword, Mozilla, for example), I get a page full of black
  ink.  Not good.

I'm a total loss to figure out why.  I have an HP DeskJet 895Cxi. I'm
using the HP DeskJet 895C, CUPS+Gimp-Print v4.2.5 driver.  Driver
settings:

- Output Mode: Colour.  Changing this makes no difference in behaviour.
- Resolution: 600x600 DPI.  Changing this make no difference in
  behaviour.
- Media Size: Letter, Media Type: Plain
- STP: Brightness 1.0, Contrast 1.0, Cyan 1.0, Density 1.0, Dither
  Algorithm: Adaptive Hybrid, Gamma 1.0, Image Type: Solid Colours,
  Magenta: 1.0, Saturation: 1.0, Yellow: 1.0.

Changing any of the above does not alter the behaviour observed.

Prior to upgrading to Cooker (from a 9.0 install), the printer operatoed
correctly.

Any suggestions?

--
Ryan T. Sammartino