On 07 Feb 2003 10:12:35 +0100
Robert Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Previously, when doing an "Expert" install and choosing "development"
> packages - you would get the kernel sources.
>
> Not anymore.
>
> I suggest that during the package selection, and whn choosing the
> "development" group of packages - that a dialog pops up asking if the
> installer wants the Kernel sources too (YES/NO)
>
> This would cut down on people having problems compiling modules for
> the installed kernel (like what is happening frequently with 9.1 B3)

I'd suggest making the installer more intelligent at selection/space
computation. There's no reason to stick to $min_mark = 4 when there's
plenty of space available. I don't know if that's still the case as I've
bumped all 3s to 4s in rpmsrate when the problem first showed. Now I
have my original defaults back.

OTOH, I think it is likely that mdk will ship some prebuilt drivers with
9.1 pp which would make kernel-source unnecessary for probably 90% of
driver cases.

- Mark