Hi.

I wonder if anyone has fiddled with this in Linux?

I though of dumping the analogue telephone answering machine we use here at
work (it sounds like sh1t) and record some vox messages with 100% quality and
also try to feed the pause music from a mp3 repository.

Either I find out how to connect the pc to the ISDN switchboard (Siemens Hicom
100) and use plain ISDN signalling if possible with a combined fax4 class +
voice cabable ISDN card (preferably cheaper than Dialogic ;)) or what ever is
needed, or use a simple voice capable analog modem (easiest).

Are there any softwares out there allready that i should try at first? Any
hints? Do we have this allready in Mandrake?

I just found http://VOCPsystem.com/, but haven't tried it yet.

--
Regards // Oden Eriksson, Deserve-IT.com