On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 17:39, Michael Scherer wrote:
> [...]
> > Mandrake as a new project inside Debian.But it was refused here, many feels
> > involved.But if you change the original idea, try debian-project ML.The
> > Debian-Mandrake can receive financial support of SPI as described by
> > Goerzen, more and more developers, because Debian Developers
> > automatically can help this new project...But it's only a
> > proposition.Already refused, i known.
>
> Well, I can't see how it could be accepted.
> I have understand all words, but it still don't understand.
>
> If it was accepted, can you explain what we would do ?

We've two scenarios here:

1) Mandrake as a new subproject:
If accepted, you can contact Debian developers through two MLs:
debian-project and debian-devel.To discuss about a internal merge
with Desktop subproject or not and others aspects, obviously.
The new subproject automatically will be under Debian Free Software
Guidelines, Constitution and in my view some(or many) adaptions to
Debian Policy will be necessary to cover it.

2) Mandrake Community and the SPI:
First read the SPI goals at: http://www.spi-inc.org/goals.

If the new Mandrake Community will follow these terms you can contact
SPI members about your interests using spi-general[1].