White Velvet Cutouts
>From Taste of Home

We make these cutouts every Christmas and give lots of them as gifts. Last
year, we baked a batch a week all through December to be sure we'd have plenty
for ourselves, too. These rich cookies melt in your mouth! — Kim Hinkle,
Wauseon, Ohio

  INGREDIENTS
  2 cups butter, softened
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  BUTTER CREAM FROSTING:
  3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon shortening
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 to 4 tablespoons milk, divided
Red and/or green food coloring, optional

 SERVINGS 42
 CATEGORY Dessert
 METHOD Baked
 PREP 25 min.
 COOK 10 min.
 TOTAL 35 min.

  DIRECTIONS
  In a mixing bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add
sugar, egg yolks and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour. Cover and chill 2
hours or until firm.
    Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. shapes;
place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or
until set (not browned). Cool 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool.
    For frosting, combine 1-1/2 cups sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla and 3
tablespoons milk in a mixing bowl; beat until smooth. Gradually add remaining
sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add enough remaining milk
and food coloring until frosting reaches desired consistency. Frost cookies.
Yield: about 7 dozen.

                              Beth Layman :-)
                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your email settings: