Ian Tickle wrote:

is there an easy way to turn off the display of the negative contour level for a difference map after it has been read in?

I found a function 'set_map_is_difference_map()' to effectively turn on the negative level, but I couldn't see one to turn it off, maybe something like 'toggle_map_is_difference_map()' ?

After 6 years of that begin available, that is the second such comment I heard. The first was a week ago.

Probably I will add set_map_is_not_difference_map(). And a toggle function should be added too, I guess.

(So the answer is no, you have to get it right when you make/read-in the map).