Christian Benda wrote:
Hi,
we have a recurring problem with our coot installations (coot version 0.6.1rev
2740 on Mac OS X 10.6.3).
For some users when they start coot, they get a list of error messages in the terminal (see below) and structures are displayed without most of the bonds drawn (only crosses where atoms are and some bonds). The error messages are pasted below. It seems like the problem occurs only for those users, who also work on a Mac OS X 10.4 coot (before or in parallel, on a second work station but a network file system). In one case, we could solve the problem by deleting .coot-preferences in the users home directory. But after a few days the problem came back. For another user, this didn't help at all and a third user doesn't have this problem altogether (on the same workstation using the same coot). There is also no second or stand alone coot installed which could interfere.

Any hints on what we can do?

My guess would be that this is the same reason as bad bonds being drawn, section 3.4 of the FAQ:

http://www.biop.ox.ac.uk/coot/doc/coot-faq.html#SEC26