Craig Smith wrote:
Hey gang,

Hey indeed.  Buenos días, in fact.

I have an ethylene glycol that I trying to build into my structure. I used File -> Get monomer and entered EDO and deleted the hydrogens. I can move EDO into density using rotate/translate zone but I'm having problems with RSR zone. Is there a connectivity or parameter file I need to import into COOT? How do incorporate this file(s) into REFMAC5 for refinement.

That all sounds like hard work.  I'd do:
Extensions -> Modelling -> Add Other Solvent Molecules -> EDO

You do not need to do anything for Refmac, it should just work.

I also have an cysteine that appears to be oxidized. How do I build that?

Extensions -> Modelling -> Replace Residue -> CSO (or some such).