On 16/06/10 09:57, Guillermo Carrasco wrote:
Hi,

I'm the system manager of a network in which we are using coot.

A few days ago a user sent me a message telling that when he has been working
with coot for about 3-4 hours, he get an error message like this:

E: client-conf-x11.c: XOpenDisplay() failed
W: core-util.c: Failed to open configuration file
'/users/USERNAME/.pulse/client.conf': Too many open files
W: client-conf.c: Failed to open configuration file '/etc/pulse/client.conf':
Too many open files
W: shm.c: Failed to read /dev/shm/: Too many open files

I don't know what's happening, can anyone help me please? Thank you very much.

That looks to me like a PulseAudio error. And (sad to say) as yet, Coot doesn't do sounds. I mean to say, that that error message does not look like it comes from Coot.