On 24/08/10 08:33, Miguel Ortiz Lombardía wrote:
Le 23/08/10 18:58, Joseph P. Noel a écrit :
Hi All.

I am running the latest release of COOT on my Mac running 10.6.4 from X11
quartz installed using Bill Scott's fink instructions. It runs fine. I have
just begun using scripts generated by Molprobity or just looking through my
models to make corrections based upon the drawing of probe dots. That all works
fine as well. However, I have found that COOT and X11 freezes after several
corrections of sites (on average I would say about 10-15 corrections).
Everything freezes - screen and X11. I have to then force quite X11 to regain
control of things and start fresh. I began by just using the COOT backups or
saving a new set of corrected coordinates after each fix but obviously this
will take quite some time to thoroughly improve a large model. I am including
the recommended .coot file I found on the Molprobity site. If anyone has any
suggestions on how to eliminate these freezes I would be eternally grateful!

(define *probe-command*
"/Users/sandiegonoels/Sites/molprobity3/bin/macosx/probe")
(define *reduce-command*
"/Users/sandiegonoels/Sites/molprobity3/bin/macosx/reduce")
(set-do-probe-dots-on-rotamers-and-chis 1)
(set-do-probe-dots-post-refine 1)

Cheers!

Joe Noel

Hi,

We have experienced the same problem. But we haven't found a way to
reproduce the freezes consistently...

If Coot freezes or crashes, that's Bill's or my responsibility. If X11 freezes or crashes it's Apples - I don't know much about that.

It might help if you do *not* do either or both of these:

(set-do-probe-dots-on-rotamers-and-chis 1)
(set-do-probe-dots-post-refine 1)

At a guess the rotamers and chis setting would be more sensitive.

Don't forget to Ctrl-S for quick-save-as.