That being said, without knowing anything else about your system, it could also be some sort of graphics card/driver issue, but that is not easy to tell from the information provided.

Best regards,
Folmer

On 2016-12-02 11:24, Andrea PICA wrote:
Hi everybody,

I am using coot (version 0.8.1) on a linux debian system. Atom labels are shown in black and on a black background this is not ideal. Unfortunately changing the color in Edit>Preferences>Others>Fonts doesn't seem to work (color is always black even if I select a different one). How can I solve this issue?

Thanks,

Andrea