Whatever the rationale was, there is a structure in the PDB that has
alternate conformer of a residue listed with different residue type - A is
arginine and B is glutamine.  Coot fails to load the model complaining in
the command window

WARNING:: Error reading small-molecule cif "/home/epo/coot/foo.pdb"
> There was an error reading /home/epo/coot/foo.pdb.
> ERROR 42 READ: Duplicate sequence number and insertion code.
>          LINE #1571
>      ATOM   1666  N  BGLN B  93      24.448  28.340 -33.325  0.50
> 9.34           N
>
> No Spacegroup found for this PDB file
> There was a coordinates read error

One way to deal with it is to take the second conformer and manually add a
sequence modifier (make it 93A), and that pdb file loads just fine.

This is observed with Coot-0.8.8-pre, rev.6506.

This is only a minor nuisance, of course, so I completely understand if no
fix is made to load such strange models.

Cheers,

Ed.

---
Coot verendus est