On 11/07/2023 09:53, Charles BARCHET wrote:

Dear all,

I am currently trying to compile Coot 1.0 on Ubuntu 22.04.

After downloading all the necessary binaries, I end up with a python version error message :

-I/usr/include/python3.10
*

I am presuming that you ran this script:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pemsley/coot/gtk3/build-it-3-3

Is that right?

For the record, although that should work (I'd like that to work) I have spend little time on it over the past year.

Ubuntu 22.04 comes with GTK4, I think, so you should be able to use

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pemsley/coot/main/build-it-3-3.

Anyway, it is not clear to me what you did to make the above message happen. It certainly doesn't look like a standard Coot startup message. What did you do to make that happen?

> I have tried using "update-alternatives" to fix this issue but it didn't work.

I don't know what this means.

> Is it possible to get a pre-compiled version somewhere or to help me fix this problem ?

Sadly not. Building binaries is practically a full-time job and I just don't have time to fit it into my day at the moment.

Regards,