It is in the directory from which you started coot (that is, if coot can create and write to such a directory (if not it is in your home directory)).

Paul.

On 15/02/2024 23:51, Kim, Sun Kyung wrote:

Thank you Lucrezia for your informative reply!

You suggested I look into coot-molprobity output directory. Where can I locate this directory?

Thank you.

Best,

‘Kate’ Sun Kyung Kim

*From: *Lucrezia Catapano <lucrezia.catap...@kcl.ac.uk>
*Date: *Friday, February 2, 2024 at 6:21 AM
*To: *Kim, Sun Kyung <kim...@llnl.gov>, COOT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK <COOT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
*Subject: *Re: How does COOT determine protonation states

Dear Kate,

Coot adds hydrogen atoms according to the dictionary. If you want to change the protonation of a ligand, you'd do that by modifying the actual monomer dictionary. We typically use Acedrg to generate dictionaries.

For example, in the case of a ASP residue, the modification which describes the addition of the proton, encapsulates all the local changes (bond order, angles etc.) of the monomer, providing the (probably) expected geometry.

Look in your coot-molprobity output directory. These files are used by Reduce to protonate ligands - Coot converts the (Acedrg, or whatever else) dictionary you have given it, to these files of connection records.

Regards,

Lucrezia