The patch only changes the text of one of the two appendValueReduced
methods. The patch does not handle week based years or provide for
users to add their own year fields. It also does not handle
formatting.

After much thinking, I think the right solution is to add a new
appendValueReduced method where "int baseValue" is replaced by
"ChronoLocalDate baseDate". The new method would be used if you want
year-like fields in multiple chronologies to work. The appendPattern
method would be changed to use the new date variant for y/u/W

The first of the two existing appendValueReduced methods can be
removed as a simplification.

Patch here:
https://gist.github.com/jodastephen/6660394

Note that this patch still has a bug, as the effective chrono is not
determined fully until the end of the parsing phase. However, that bug
fix requires a bit of an internal redesign and since it does not
affect the API it can be delayed,

Stephen