On 10/21/2013 2:11 PM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
Hi,

Please find below a fix for
   8026863: regression in anonymous Logger.setParent method

This is a regression I introduced in JDK 8 with one of my recent
logging fixes:

   8023168: Cleanup LogManager class initialization
           and LogManager/LoggerContext relationship

The issue is that whereas an anonymous Logger is specified to not do
any security checks, it still did a check for "setParent".

My fix for 8023168 had the unfortunate side effect of removing
that check for anonymous loggers - and here is a changeset
that restores the previous behaviour.
I also took the opportunity to clarify the spec in that
respect.

<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8026863/webrev.00/>

The fix looks good to me.

Mandy