On Wed, 28 May 2008, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
1.) opening ports 50030 and so on => not good, data goes unprotected over the internet. Even if I could enable some form of authentication it would still plain http.

Personally, I set up an Apache server (with https and auth), and then set up cgiproxy[1] on it, and only allowed it to forward to the hadoop nodes. That way, when you click a link to go to a slave node's logs or whatnot it still works. ;)

I no longer use Hadoop on ec2, but still use the config described above!

[1]http://www.jmarshall.com/tools/cgiproxy/

| nate carlson | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.natecarlson.com |