According to my understanding, I think the Pregel is in same layer
with MR, not a MR based language processor.

I think the 'Collective Communication' of BSP seems the core of the
problem. For example, this BFS problem
(http://blog.udanax.org/2009/02/breadth-first-search-mapreduce.html)
can be solved at once w/o MR iterations.

edwardy...@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org