On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 08:37:10PM -0400, Blazay  Blah wrote:
> Essentially, Zope acquisition by DTML functions by calling variables in the
> same folder or in parent folders.  But I am attempting to call contents in
> a child folder by using code like this:

A while ago I changed the front page of my Zope-but-static-content site
into a COREBlog, while keeping the existing content available at their
original URLs.

What I did for my site is to move my original Zope content under the
COREBlog instance, and sprinkle Apache rewrite magic dust over the thing.

E.g., say my Zope folder is "/ngps", where "/" means Zope's root. So
previously http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps reaches the content in
"/ngps". (See "Old Home Page" link on my site.)

I created a COREBlog instance here: "/ngps/blog". Within its folder view, I
created a folder "site", i.e., "/ngps/blog/site", and moved my existing
content there.

On the Apache side, previously I have a standard mod_rewrite/VHM combo. For
COREBlog, I added two or three rewrite rules to achieve the following:

  http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps/<number> --> "/ngps/blog/<number>"
  http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps/whatever --> "/ngps/blog/site/whatever"

(Personally I just find this more appealing than the easy way of putting my
blog at "http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps/blog";, because then I'll still
have a static, content-free front page. ;-)

COREBlog customisation, e.g., adding a Google ads component to the
navigational bar on the right, is done within "/ngps/blog/modules".

HTH. Cheers.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://firewall.rulemaker.net -+- Firewall Change Management & Version Control