Hello Hannah,

Williams, Hannah wrote:
> Already there are binaries FSP, AGESA, PSP being used in Coreboot

We consider this historical problems in the coreboot project and it
is absolutely not something we intend to lean into. Since you have
a mandate to work with coreboot I guess you are onboard with this,
after all, our culture is inherent to our project.

> and because of IP and licensing issues everything cannot be open sourced.

I consider this a temporary problem for Intel that it needs to solve
to avoid losing future business to competing, open source solutions.

> This is the fastest method for this specific product

Since coreboot isn't owned by Intel I'm afraid Intel has to accept
that the request gets denied by coreboot.

I guess you can understand that coreboot has no incentive to make
further compromise that would really only benefit Intel and actually
hurt coreboot.

> binary rule (by the way where is this stated in coreboot.org?).

Do you really not understand the spirit of open source and what
coreboot is doing since more than 20 years? I guess you do but that
you need a reference to something written for some silly higher-ups. :\

> We will also work closely with our other open source Linux graphics
> team to see how we can leverage common code for future Silicon.

This is a good idea. Maybe libgfxinit could even become the primary
codebase at some point. In any case it's just silly to duplicate work
at all, including for i915+GOP.

Kind regards

//Peter