----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any
advice in this forum.]----

It's true, Ken Brock was killed on Friday. Here's the report I just
received
from EAA.

Aviation Legend Ken Brock Killed in Saturday Crash
The halls of EAA are quieter this morning as those of us who had the
privilege to know Ken Brock deal with the reality of his death on Friday,
October 19.

  <http://www.eaa.org/newsletter/images/brock-ehl.jpg> On Friday, Ken and
his wife, Marie, flew their T-18 to Ken's favorite weekend hideaway, El
Mirage Dry Lake, California. According to initial reports, upon landing, a
mechanism in the tailwheel broke causing the aircraft to swerve off the
runway. The aircraft struck a post, which took off a wing, and then
flipped
inverted. Ken was killed instantly, suffering a broken neck, while Marie
received a minor injury. Friends and neighbors at the El Mirage airport
broke the canopy to help Marie escape from the aircraft, and emergency
crews
were dispatched to assist Ken.

Upon learning of Ken's death, EAA President Tom Poberezny said, "We are
extremely saddened to hear of Ken's death. As evidenced by his low EAA
number, 6561, Ken is a longtime member of the EAA family. He was a
mainstay
at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh and was well known for his work in the gyroplane
and homebuilt communities. Our most heartfelt condolences go out to Marie,
the entire Brock family, and Ken's many, many friends. He will be greatly
missed."

Funeral arrangements are pending.