> > Try the vpopmail mailing list

> I am.
>
> Somewhere between versions 0.53 (which works) and 0.58 (which doesn't) the
> build system
> stopped handling the fact that vpopmail only provides a static library.
> But of course this is
> someone else's problem.
>
> If courier-authlib no longer supports vpopmail "out of the box" you could
> at least update the
> INSTALL file to reflect this fact.

Mate, rudeness will get you nowhere when you are the one who is the one
asking for help.

When you ./configure courier-authlib, did you notice that it says all
vpopmail related questions should go to the vpopmail list ?

Today I have used your configure options

    "./configure --with-authvchkpw --without-authdaemon --without-authcustom
 --without-authcram --without-authuserdb --without-authshadow --without-authpwd
 --enable-ltdl-install=no MAKE=gmake LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include"

And I can successfully compile courier-authlib-0.58/vpopmail-5.4.13 ( on
CentOS 4.3 )

My machine has vpopmail in the default location /home/vpopmail, versus your
install at /var/vpopmail, but those variables you quote seem to indicate
everything has been detected ok in your non-standard /var/vpopmail location.

I notice in your ./configure arguments, you are
specifying --without-authdaemon, which I reckon is wrong considering that
authdaemon is an integral component with the courier apps now. Regardless
though, i tried with and without that argument, and it still compiled
successfully.

I dont know what "--enable-ltdl-install" is supposed to achieve, but I could
compile successfully with or without that option on my test machine

I have some working examples online here
http://www.pipeline.com.au/staff/mbowe/isp/webmail-server.htm#COURIER_IMAP

I see you did post also to the vpopmail list. How about we continue our
discussions there. In particular can you post the output of "ls -al
/home/vpopmail/lib"

Michael.