On 10/5/2008 4:36 AM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Am Samstag, 27. September 2008 schrieb Simon:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm thinking the answer is no, but there's no harm in asking...
>>
>> Someone in our office recently got a Samsung Instinct, and apparently
>> its IMAP client doesn;t like selfsigned certificates, which is what we
>> use (the boss is cheap)...
>>
>> Here's the error shown in the logs (no verbosity, if you think turning
>> it up will help provide a server side solution I'll gladly oblige) when
>> his phone tries to connect:
>>
>> Sep 26 16:39:54 myhost imapd-ssl: couriertls: accept: error:14094416:SSL
>> routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert certificate unknown
>>
>> So... should I just tell him no dice unless he can convince the boss to
>> spring for a 'real' cert?

> http://www.cacert.org

Are you saying that you know for a fact that the cacert.org root cert is
included in the Instincts default db of trusted cert providers?

My experience (admittedly its been a while) is that they are little
better than self-signed certs. Heck, even Firefox STILL doesn't include
them in its default list of trusted providers.

http://wiki.cacert.org/wiki/InclusionStatus