On 2010-11-05 3:32 AM, Todd Lyons wrote:
On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Charles Marcus
<char...@cocosolutions.com> wrote:
> SIEVE with this setup, but everything I read talks about dovecot.  I > dont personally want to switch to dovecot.

Why on earth not? It is mucho faster than Courier (for IMAP), and just as easy if not easier to set up.
Not on NFS.  The perform at the same speed because dovecot cannot
enforce locking, therefore it won't use the indexes, so no speed
advantage.

This is only partially true, and only when more than one server is being used to access the same mailbox simultaneously. Dovecots Director service was created specifically to address this problem - which is inherent to NFS caching, and not specific to dovecot (beyond the fact that dovecot is the only imap server currently using indexes to dramatically speed up imap access).

Using the Director service (only necessary if you have more than one server serving your IMAP clients), and storing indexes on a local filesystem, it will work just fine.

See: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/NFS

Sam, Courier is slowly becoming irrelevant due to your refusal to
modernize...
I do understand the desire for the latest whiz-bang features.  I am
just fortunate enough to have not needed them yet.

Lol - whatever twists your ankle...