El mar., 3 de mar. de 2020 a la(s) 20:05, Sam Varshavchik (
mr...@courier-mta.com) escribió:

> PICCORO McKAY Lenz writes:
> > « HTML content follows »
> > partially solved (or solved but i have a question/doub), but a question:
> why
> > sais that represent "will still put some load on the server"?
> Because a THREAD request requires reading the entire contents of every
> message in the mailbox.

umm now noted for huge amoutn of mails are a pain in performance

to gain performance, i disabled in courier-imap but noted inconsistence!

1) disabling by setting IMAP_DISABLETHREADSORT=1 but:
2) there's another config settings already set: IMAP_CAPABILITY
with THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES, so:

server still reports that capability and that's why my rouncube offers a
threated list, so the right way are (not documented explicy)

FOR PERFORMANCE:

disabling by set IMAP_DISABLETHREADSORT=1 and into roundcube must also set
"$config['imap_disabled_caps'] = array('THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT',
'THREAD=REFERENCES');"

IF WANT THREATED VIEW BUT PAIN IN PERFORMANCE

enabling by set  IMAP_DISABLETHREADSORT=0 and into roundcube must clear
from the  set "$config['imap_disabled_caps'] array the
cabailities THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES where not included,
ALSO report in IMAP_CAPABILITY at the "imapd" config file those
capabilities as THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES are also listed and
included