Hi,
excuse me for jumping late into this thread,
I'm running my own little filter and I am very
interested in the filtering protocol (not using
perlfilter, I skipped the thread.)

and then wrote:
> I need to think about this a little bit more.

If I can give my 2p, I would love to perform
various actions upon detecting viruses, such as
-bounce the message, for most users,
-alter the message, for some other users,
-silently cancel the message(?) for a minority of users, and
-do nothing for the remaining users, if any.

However, I wouldn't like to duplicate all of
Courier code. After all, we are talking about
one system that can run multiple filters.

I'd prefer my filter to have a default action,
and, if local preferences require any special
actions to be done, then do them and save the
results in some repository, leaving it to the
system to work out which recipients deserve
which treatment.

Does that make any sense?

Ciao
Ale