Hello all!

I' m running Debian GNU/Linux woody (3.0 unofficial).
Probably most of the questions I'm going to ask here have already been
answered here but it often comes that I don't even know exactly what people
are talking about here because the topics are quite specific and some words
are not always fully clear to me: I've never setup a complete mail server
before.

What I want is get my mails from my various mail accounts out there in the
internet. I now this can be done with fetchmail and I've already successfully
tested it. I know from the fetchmail documentation that these mail messages
are automatically forwarded to TCP port 25 on which the so-called MTA (Mail
Tramsport Agent) listens on the machine on which fetchmail runs. That means
the mail messages are automatically forwarded to the courier mail server.

Now I want courier to sort these mail depending on the recepient address
respective mail account they were fetched from, and store them in differents
IMAP directory accounts on the mail server. Each one of these mail accouts
should be accessed by and assigned to one user logged in on a remote machine
connected to my mail server.
1-st question: Do I have to use maildrop for that or can can courier handle
that internally? In the courierd (/etc/courier/courierd) configuration file
there is the item DEFAULTDELIVERY. It seems this will be important for what I
want to do but I don't know which setting is most suited.

The mail users should be able to read the mail messages from my mail server
WITHOUT having to have a unix user account on the server. That means beside
the root account (and the test account guest), there should only be system
accounts on the server.
2-nd question: is this what is called virtual accout as stated in the
documemtation and FAQ? If yes what about the uid and gid? Since there will be
no user account in the machine, which one should I use?

I also want courier on my mail server to send all mail messages (e.g. from me)
that are intended to go to the outworld to the mail server of my ISP (let's
call it relay.isp.com). It sould be something like the "smarthost" with
sendmail.
3-rd question: how do I do that?

I've already read much of the courier documentation and here is what I've
achieved until now:
-       configured the authentication package to support authentication with mysql
-       configured courierd and esmtpd as far as I could. Only the items listed
below are either not set or not clear to me:
/etc/courier/courierd
        DEFAULTDELIVERY
        ESMTP_TLS_VERIFY_DOMAIN
        ARCHIVEDIR

/etc/courier/esmtpd, esmtpd-ssl and esmtpd-msa
        BLACKLIST
        SSLADDRESS
        AUTHREQUIRED
        TLS_VERIFYPEER
        AUTHMODULES

I would postpone the setup for the ssl stuff. What I really need now is the
basic functionally.

TIA for the ansers
--