No go.  The more & more I think about it, the more I wonder how this even
works.  I have a feeling the courier imapd binary in /usr/bin/ that does
the preauth stuff was made for doing stuff similar to this (& the uw
passwdless way in the previous post).

Perhaps it's more of a pine question, but how & when does pine call the
ssh-command?  Why do I have to specify an inbox or imap server if my mail
ends of coming through the ssh command that calls the stdio imapd binary?

Was this type of thing what was in mind for the preauth imapd binary?

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:29:04 -0400
> From: Sam Varshavchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [courier-users] Re: passwordless key-based ssh authentication to
>     courier imapd
>
> Mark T. Valites writes:
>

> > Is it possible to get passwdless, key based ssh authentication from pine
> > to courier imapd?
>
> Try installing this script as /etc/rimapd, instead of a soft link, with the
> execute bit set:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> exec /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd $HOME/Maildir 2>/dev/null
>

> --
> Sam

Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst