Peter Andersson writes:

[ HTML content follows ]

I still haven´t figured out how to subscribe to the sourceforge mailing
lists. I still recive email from everyone who have tried to email me,
except from sourceforge. I have also tried mx lookup via several internet
sites one of the responses look like this:

DNS yields following MX entries

  legio.mine.nu  IN MX  10 legio.mine.nu

Only one MX record...

Well, no backups, but as all systems are looking for MX record in every
case, not bad...

Testing MX server: legio.mine.nu
Address lookup did yield following ones:

  IPv4 217.215.189.120
Testing server at address: IPv4 217.215.189.120
[ CONNECTED! ]
 220 legio.mine.nu ESMTP
 HELO nic.funet.fi
 250-legio.mine.nu Ok.
 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
 250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN X-NETSCAPE-HAS-BUGS
 250-STARTTLS
 250-XVERP=Courier
 250-XEXDATA
 250-XSECURITY=NONE,STARTTLS
 250-PIPELINING
 250-8BITMIME
 250-SIZE
 250 DSN
 MAIL FROM:<>
 250 Ok.
 RCPT TO:<URL:mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 250 Ok.

Apparently OK!
Sourceforge's mail server automatically uses STARTTLS, if available.

For some reason, when your server receives a STARTTLS, it drops the incoming
connection.

Try to issue a STARTTLS command, before a MAIL FROM, and watch your server
vomit all over itself.

Look in your syslog to see what error messages are logged.

Looks to me like your couriertls binary is either corrupted, or there's
something wrong with your TLS certificate, so couriertls barfs
as soon as it runs.

When you fix this, unsubscribe and resubscribe, since you probably still
have a pending subscription on sourceforge, and you'll be bounced off the
list once all the mail you have queued up gets finally bounced.