Sander Smeenk wrote:

When I try the same with Mozilla Mail (or Outlook for that matter...) it tries to connect but fails. In the logfiles on the server appears:

| Sep 29 14:19:55 geel imapd-ssl: couriertls: accept: error:1408F10B:SSL
| routines: SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

Set the values in /etc/courier/imapd-ssl to the defaults:

TLS_PROTOCOL=SSL3
TLS_STARTTLS_PROTOCOL=TLS1

Restart Courier. Try to connect with Mozilla. If Courier logs an error, record it. Check Mozilla's SSL settings: Edit->Preferences->Privacy & Security->SSL. Make sure that all protocol versions are enabled.

If they are, and you're having problems, then let us know which Mozilla you're using, which version of OpenSSL, Courier, and on what platform they're running.