Does anyone know if my problem is related to having a version of the compiler and libaries that is too new for the latest version of Courier IMAP? I just came across an article related to another piece of software that suggested the software be compiled with a version not greater than N. I'm wondering if I'm having a similar problem with my compile.

Kenneth Ramirez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:26:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: Kenneth Ramirez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Having problem compiling the code
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Just wondering if anyone could come up with any suggestions to the problem that I'm still having? This morning, I ran "gmake clean", followed by gmake, and I'm still getting the error as described below:

After configure, I ran the "gnu make" and it produced a compilation error. The following is the final lines from the compile output:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.      -c -o maildirsearchC.o maildirsearchC.cpp
In file included from maildirsearchC.cpp:7:
maildirsearch.h:97: syntax error before `;' token
make[2]: *** [maildirsearchC.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/downloads/imap/courier-imap-3.0.7/maildir'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/downloads/imap/courier-imap-3.0.7/maildir'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I then opened up the maildirsearch.h file and learned that the line it's complaining about is the following line:

std::vector<unsigned> rbuf;

I'm guessing the I'm missing something on my Linux box, but I can't figure out what it is. I've done multiple apt-cache searches and have installed (what I think is) all the apt-get pacakges I would need for gnu c++. Can you help?

I just checked again, and just as I thought, both the libstdc++-devel and libstdc++-ssa-devel are up to date and I have the latest ones, but I still have the same problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ken