Dirk Kulmsee wrote:

E.g. [EMAIL PROTECTED] fills out the mailform and the mailform generates a mail
the company's responsible recipient who has her/his mail account on some
other mail server on this planet. The mailform uses "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" as
sender
address to give the recipient a chance to reply directly to that email.
Classical problem: the recipient's mailserver gets an email from "gmx.de",
gmx.de supplies SPF info, our host is not one of their mailhosts, mail is
rejected.

That's exactly what SPF has been designed to do: If there were a method for
sending mail to that recipient pretending to be forwarding someone else's
message, then any spammer could find out how to circumvent SPF.

I would send from, say, [EMAIL PROTECTED], thus taking my responsibility.
Possibly add a Reply-To to give the recipient a chance to reply directly.
Also, mind the possibility to use a different envelope-from address that
lets you recognize a bounce from the company's responsible recipient. (One
might, e.g., disable the module after the recipient cannot get messages.)

If a howto existed on that matter, it sould also mention that the chances to
get misspelled addresses from a web form are higher than using a mailto, e.g.
href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]".
YMMV