I set up one small VPS as an alternate outgoing mail server for those
times when our main mailservers gets blacklisted and do not want it to
handle incoming mail or act as a 2nd MX. What config settings could I
safely tweak to turn off port 25 and still allow outgoing mail to be
delivered?

25/tcp  open  smtp
465/tcp open  smtps
587/tcp open  submission