Mitch (BitBlock) writes:

« HTML content follows »

I have some older servers – we are in the process of upgrading, but I just had a wave of what I believe were spam which were being relayed by using our servers. The messages were presented as dsn (I see the module dsn) – is there a way to mitigate this kind of attack until I can finish the migration?

These are not original messages. These are bounces. Your log clearly shows an initial attempt to deliver the message to gmail, which rejected it, resulting in a bounce to the original message's sender address.

I reset the users password, which didn’t help – the only thing that seemed to mitigate the emails was actually modifying the users email address. When I did that, the email flow stopped.

Resetting the password won't affect an existing connection, which is already authenticated. Neither will it affect any existing message which was already received, and is waiting to be sent.