I was checking the RBL queries and answers on a server this morning,
when I noticed this in the responses:
     Please stop asking for ANY.See draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any

Both spamhaus and abuseat provide this text in their replies to
Courier's RBL lookups.

Is it worth considering A and TXT record lookups rather than ANY, given
the request to stop sending requests for ANY result?  Might that request
indicate that requests for ANY will not be supported in the future?