On Mon, 2017-05-01 at 13:19 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I am sitting on my line because I have EMails like
>
> linux4michelle
>
> and use extensions like
>
>     linux4michelle-foo
>     linux4michelle-bar
>
> and it just work.  The Account of my businesspartner is the
> same  style,
> BUT she can not create any working extensions.  The logfile say only
>
>     250 Backscatter bounce droped
>     success: delivered: backscatter bounce droped
>     status: success
>
> Now I am puzzeling arround, WHY ist works for me since ages,
> but  for  a
> new accout not.
>
> Both accounts have the
>
>     ~/.courier
>     ~/.courier-default
>
> files where each contain the same line of
>
>     |/usr/bin/preline /usr/bin/procmail
>
> I should note, that MY extensions are NOT in any
> aliasfiles.   Also  the
> mailinglist use the same style.
>
> Any suggestions where to look for?

I don't know if this helps you, but my setup for my personal mail and
toss-off addresses is quite simple, and just works.

I have a ~/.courier file which is unrelated to my toss-off addresses,
and does a number of things with filtering, but it's beside the point,
and my toss-off addresses don't depend on it.

If I want to create a toss-off (temporary) address, I just touch the
file ~/.courier-xxx ("xxx" can be anything) to create an empty file
with the given name and mail to fmouse-...@fmp.com will be delivered to
fmo...@fmp.com. The .courier-xxx file is an empty
file, just a marker telling courier that fmouse-...@fmp.com is a
legitimate address. If I delete ~/.courier-xxx then email to fmouse-xxx
@fmp.com gets bounced as an unknown address. I don't have a .courier-
default file, nor do I send emails through /usr/bin/preline in the
.courier-xxx files.

As far as the backscatter bounce is concerned, it's probably a local
delivery problem. Check your mail log prior to the entry you quote and
see if you can determine the reason the backscatter is generated. See
the thread at
http://courier-mail-server.10983.n7.nabble.com/Weird-backscatter-bounce-td4856.html

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "UNIX is user-friendly, it just
FMP Computer Services |       chooses its friends."