On 07/06/2017 03:54 AM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Would it work to simply use a custom header name instead of "Bcc:". Most email clients won't show it by default, but it's going to be there and can be looked at, in some way; and the email clients will also ignore it if the message is replied to.

That's the other option I'm looking at, and I'm more likely to go that route than introduce another message delivery code path in the framework. Some record is better than no record, but I feel like that path would still be very slightly inferior to the solutions that Gmail and Courier IMAP provide. Is there a logical reason why sendmail should remove the Bcc: header when headers aren't used to indicate recipients?