On Sun, 09 Jul 2017 12:14:59 +0000
courier-users-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> From: Markus Wanner <mar...@bluegap.ch>
> To: courier-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [courier-users] setuid/setgid problem,  mail from website not
> sent
> Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2017 21:11:11 +0200
>
> On 07/06/2017 12:13 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> > On 06.07.17 12:43, Bernd Plagge wrote:
> >> thank you VERY much!
> >> This was the answer.
> >>
> >> Just for the record:
> >> I had to downgrade my Debian system due to issues with the new Debian
> >> packages.
> >> Seems that the permissions on the sendmail wrapper were not set
> >> correctly by the installation program.
> >
> > I believe debian developer either knows what permissions to set up, or
> > should be informed if that causes troubles...
>
> I'd rather guess the OP had to downgrade due to the maildrop issue in
> stretch, which I'm still trying to solve.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Markus Wanner

Hi Markus,

well yes, the new Courier Debian version hit my users badly ... and in the end
I decided to downgrade.
Don't get me wrong!
I really very much appreciate somebody taking on the challenge of maintaining a
pretty big and important package!

I've been using Debian for almost 20 years and appreciate the more conservative
upgrading pace (i.e. in comparison to Ubuntu).
However, the Stretch upgrade was pretty bumpy due to major changes in several
important packages.
(PHP 7, PHP7.0-fpm, slapd, tinydns, Samba and a perl syntax check)

Please, if there are still issues with Maildrop (or something else) we need to
fully understand the issue and have at least a manual workaround. If I restart
a server after the upgrade and then discover issue this means most time a very
long night - without any guarantee to solve the problem.

Aber trotz allem, vielen Dank fuer Muehe und Einsatz!

Bernd