On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 09:15:21AM +0200, Ville Skytt? wrote:
> Hi bingos,

Howdy.

> Thanks for running the CPAN automated tests.  However, I have a question
> regarding your numerous failure reports on W3C-LinkChecker 4.4:
>
> All the failure reports from you fail in the test suite with "Can't locate
> LWP/RobotUA.pm in @INC [...]".  I'm wondering why this happens, because
> W3C-LinkChecker has a dependency on LWP and your reports indicate that it is
> installed, but both LWP and LWP::RobotUA are part of the libwww-perl package
> so either none of them or both should be installed, not LWP alone.  No other
> testers have reported this problem.
>
> Could it be that you have a broken/incomplete installation of libwww-perl in
> your test systems?  Could you have a look?
>
> Thanks, Ville

Okay, I think the key phrase here is 'installed'. What we do in the test
environment is resolve all the dependencies for a given module and the
<build_dir>/blib/* directories get added cumulatively to PERL5LIB.

In your test I see that you use '-T' switch which makes perl ignore PERL5LIB,
hence the blarting about can't find LWP/RobotUA.pm in @INC.

Now, I thought CPANPLUS ( which I smoke on ) and CPAN used the same mechanism
during testing, so I'm going to copy this to the cpan-testers-discuss mailing
list
for any further comments.

Cheers,

--