On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 9:46 AM, Helmut Wollmersdorfer <
helmut.wollmersdor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be nice to discuss freeing the reservation of namespaces
> after some time without usage. IMHO 3 years should be enpough.

There are a lot of namespaces in the 06perms file that aren't in the
02packages file (all normalized since perms are supposed to be
case-insensitive now):

https://gist.github.com/xdg/63c59de05b4d91729f2a

"+" means in 06 and not 02, "-" means in 02 and not in 06.

Too much for a general cleanup, I think.

I'd favor adding an FAQ somewhere about namespaces that are reserved but
not on CPAN and suggest contacting permission holder or PAUSE admins.

David

--
David Golden <x...@xdg.me> Twitter/IRC/Github: @xdg