I personally would make it an author test that requires the AUTHOR_TESTING
env var.

I have apent too much time debugging network tests that fail because a file
moved, a domain was down/expired, or the connection was not sufficient, but
present. There are also corperate/school blacklists/whitelists. Any number
of things outside your control.

Run the test for release, but do not aubject evertone to these
uncontrollable failure cases.